Module 1: SharePoint Overview
This module provides an introduction to the topics covered in the class, introduces SharePoint terminology and provides an overview of the available versions of SharePoint 2013 and Office 365.
- What is SharePoint?
- Team Collaboration
- Document Management
- Web Sites
- Social Features
- SharePoint Security
- Explain the core SharePoint feature sets
Module 2: Accessing SharePoint
- Logging onto SharePoint
- SharePoint Navigation: The Suite Bar
- SharePoint Navigation: The SharePoint Screen
- SharePoint Navigation: The Title area crumb trail
- SharePoint Navigation: Following and returning to sites
- SharePoint Navigation: The SharePoint Ribbons
- SharePoint Navigation: Quick Launch and Web Parts
- Regional Settings
Lab : Accessing SharePoint
- Log into SharePoint 2013 and Office 365.
- Explore a library.
- Navigate SharePoint Pages.
- Follow and return to sites.
Module 3: SharePoint Libraries
- Document Libraries
- Ribbon options and the “Open Menu” link (…)
- Accessing Documents
- Office Web Apps
- Checking Out Documents
- Deleting Documents and the Recycle Bin
- Creating and Managing Alerts
- Uploading Documents
- Blocked File Types
- Creating Folders
- Creating New Documents
- List and Library Views
- Asset and Picture Libraries
Lab : SharePoint Libraries
- Navigate library pages and web parts.
- Navigate a library using the Ribbon, document dropdown menus and the Crumb Trail.
- Open and edit documents in Word and other applications.
- Open and edit documents using Office Web Apps.
- Check out and check in documents using browser and Office features.
- Delete documents and recover them from the Recycle Bin.
- Upload a single file, multiple files and use Windows Explorer view.
- Understand that certain file types are blocked and cannot be uploaded.
- Work with folders.
- Create new documents from within SharePoint.
- Work with document versioning.
- Display libraries using views.
Module 4: SharePoint Lists
- SharePoint Lists
- Working with Custom Lists
- Working with Task Lists
- Using Task Lists to manage team tasks
- Adding and Updating Tasks
- Using Task Views
- Synchronizing Task Lists with Outlook
- Working with SharePoint Calendars
- Calendar Navigation and Views
- Adding Calendar Events
- Dealing with long lists of events
- Synchronizing SharePoint Calendars with Outlook
- External Lists
Lab : SharePoint Lists
- Create, edit and update tasks and other SharePoint lists.
- Work with list views.
- Synchronize Task Lists with Outlook.
- Create, edit and update events.
- Work with calendar views.
- Synchronize SharePoint Calendars with Outlook.
- Explain the role of External Lists
Module 5: SharePoint Search
- Searching SharePoint
- What is searchable
- Search results and refiners
- Search Tips and Tricks
Lab : SharePoint Search
- Search for content.
- Search for people.
- Refine their searches.
Module 6: SharePoint Wikis
- Uses of a Wiki
- Editing Wiki Articles
- Working with Wiki Version Tracking
- Wiki Views
Lab : SharePoint Wikis
- Use Wikis as FAQ lists, self-service help sites, and knowledgebases.
- Create, edit and update Wiki articles.
- Work with Wiki views.
Module 7: SharePoint Social Features
- What are “Social Features”?
- Interacting with People
- About Me and Updating Your Profile
- Your Newsfeed
- Tagging and Rating Documents
Lab : SharePoint Social Features
- Update their user profile.
- Follow sites, content and people.
- Add folksonomy to content using tags and ratings.
- Use the Newsfeed features to micro-blogging and follow coworkers.
Module 8: Discussion Boards
- SharePoint Discussion Boards
- Reading, creating and responding to discussions
Lab : Discussion Boards
- Read and explore Discussion Boards.
- Create and reply to discussions.
Module 9: Community Sites
- Community Sites
- Requesting Access
- Joining the Community
- Exploring Topics
- Posting and Replying
- Best Replies and Alerts
Lab : Community Sites
- Understand the difference between Discussion Board lists and Community Site subsites.
- How access to Community Sites is controlled and how to request access and join the community.
- How to create new discussions and how to reply to existing discussions.
- How to mark replies as Best Reply.
- How to create Alerts on topics of interest.